Until March 2006, the Company was 100% family-owned. It was directed by Jean-Charles Gromier from 1960 to 2000 and his brother-in-law Jean-Louis Roques from 1975 to 2006.
In March 2006, the majority of family shareholders sold their shares.
Since 2006, the shareholders are two Private Equity.
Richard Séguin is the CEO.
Onduline publicity cars in Lille (France) - 1961
Onduline has always followed a strategy of growth and development:
Internal growth by gradual conquest of new markets and by successive launches of new products.
External growth through acquisitions of companies in the roofing industry.
Onduline at Batimat exhibition - 1963
Cargo Onduline sheets in Dunkirk
Cargo Onduline sheets
Onduline at an exhibition
The main stages of development were as follows:
- 1950: Launch of Onduline sheet, new roofing material in France
- 1964: Opening of first 2 non-French sales subsidiaries in Germany and Italy.
- 1973: Industrial investments in Italy and Belgium.
- 1980: Opening of the Spanish subsidiary and later the Portuguese subsidiary.
- 1981: Launch of the underroofing sheet in Italy.
- 1984: Invention of the world-first and patented process of pre-pigmentation before impregnation with bitumen.
- 1989-1994: Successive openings of sales subsidiaries in Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
- 1992: Acquisition of Onduclair, specialist of transparent plastic roofing materials.
- 1994: Launch in Turkey of the commercial and industrial subsidiary Onduline Avrasya.
- 2000-2003: Industrial investment in Malaysia. Opening of sales subsidiaries in Brazil and China.
- 2000 to 2008: Industrial investments in Spain, Poland, Brazil and Russia.
- 2008: Launch of the first cellulose-bitumen based tile ONDUVILLA. Onduline receives an award from JPMORGAN-HEC for being a family business that has successfully pursued the same growth strategy for 30 years.
- 2008-2010: Launch of new sales subsidiaries in Latin-America (Colombia, Chile, Peru) and Asia (India, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc...).
- 2010: Creation of OFIC North America and acquisition of Tallant Industries in the USA, manufacturer and distributor of corrugated cellulose-bitumen-based roofing materials and transparent sheets made of vinyl and polycarbonate.
- 2011: Launch of a subsidiary in Kazakhstan.
- 2011: Roofing underlays producted in Russia.
- 2012: Launch of a second production line in the Russian plant in Nizhny Novgorod. Launch of new subsidiaries in the Philippines and in Bolivia.
- 2014: Opening of a second line in Penang.